CAFAM’s Mid-Autumn Moon Festival
Saturday, September 25th, 3:00pm to 6:00pm at Fort Williams Park
Join us for an outdoor Moon Festival picnic celebration with friends and family, new and long-time members! Enjoy mooncakes, socializing and song, crafts, Chinese lawn games and mahjong. Walking trails and the beach are just steps away! Bring your camp chair and a dish to share. Drinks, some Asian food items, and paper goods provided. Free event – donations accepted.
Fort Williams Park 1000 Shore Rd, Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107
- The “hot” food service will begin around 4:30.
- We have promoted the event as a potluck. If you do bring a food item to share, you may want to consider preparing it in serving sizes if the dish lends itself to that.
- There will also be communal foods, mooncakes and beverages.
- But if you are not comfortable with that, please feel free to opt out of the potluck
- and bring your own carry-in-carry-out picnic and beverages.
- Please remember your camp chairs.
- Even quilts for the lawn will work! There are picnic tables at our site but a limited amount. Chairs also allow for comfortable distancing.
- Since this is an outdoor venue with limited facilities, please note that there are no warming or refrigeration options for food items, and plan accordingly.
- We plan to have some programming from about 3:30-4:30 before the picnic.
- Rain date: Sunday, September 26th, 3:00pm to 6:00pm
Mandarin Chinese Roundtables
Come and partake in fun and informal conversations in Mandarin. These Roundtables are open to all interested and to all levels of Mandarin Chinese. Located at The Language Exchange, 75 Market Street, Suite 305 (3rd floor) in downtown Portland. Please note that the following meetings are now taking place via Zoom until further notice due to Covid-19.
Free of charge. No need to sign up, just come if you are available. Please email Viveca Kwan – vtkwan[at]gmail.com for Zoom details.
Dates and times of upcoming meetings:
- Wednesday September 15, 2021 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday September 29, 2021 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Historic Marker Unveiling in Portland
- On October 3rd at 1:30 p.m.
- Toy Len Goon’s Laundry and Residence – 615 Forest Avenue in Portland, Maine
There will also be several members of Mrs. Goon’s extended family there as well as a representative from the Boston Consulate of the Republic of China and perhaps some of Portland’s city council members. We welcome all who might be interested in attending this event. CAFAM & guests will be expected to adhere to the most up-to-date Maine CDC’s COVID guidelines, social distancing, & mask mandates.
Doris Wong, one of Toy Len Goon’s daughters will host a reception with food after the unveiling at the Italian Heritage Center in Portland. If you intend to attend this reception, please register.
Acadian Arts Retreat
Friday, 10/29 at 1 PM to Sunday, 10/31 at 11:30 AM
The Old River House, Kennebunkport
Join Chris Toy & Mary Laury for a fantastic weekend immersed in Plein Air Watercolor or Cooking workshops by the water in Kennebunkport, Maine. Expert instructors and small class sizes ensure personalized attention to take your passion for painting or cooking to the next level.